Activities Lead ( Swansea)
Our values reflect us all and they’re at the heart of everything we do. They set our culture, the way we behave and the way we do things.
Our colleagues are passionate, kind and resilient and they go the extra mile for the people we support and each other. We have this expectation of all our colleagues.
Are you enthusiastic, self-motivated, enjoy a challenge? Are you passionate about the people we support in long term care to have a great quality of life? You will need to be able to demonstrate patience, kindness, compassion. This role could be the challenge you are looking for! When you able to put all your experience to date into practice.
Hours: 37.5 hrs flexible over 7 days
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000
In this exciting role, you will work alongside people we support, relatives/friends, agencies, suppliers, and the community to provide best quality activities to promote independence, wellbeing and meaningful therapeutic activities. Your creativity, inspiration and leadership skills to guide, support and deliver a variety of exciting activities and events for everyone to enjoy. Your talents and abilities will lie in motivating and leading a team with an eye for detail. You will be able to demonstrate people management skills. Your talents will lie in excellent communication, organising and time management skills. With the ability to take on board ideas and make them happen!
Travel is essential in this role; therefore, you will need to hold a UK driving licence and own you own car.
The role is full Time with the flexibility of an agreed schedule over seven days. We would require you to be flexible, possibly when a special event is planned you might work less hours through the week and make up the hours on a weekend, this would be more occasional than the normal
* You’ll support adults with lots of different needs such as learning disabilities, autism, ABI and mental health.
* To contribute as part of the ARC team with the planning and delivery of an exciting and varied schedule of activities that meets the needs of our clients and tenants and is appealing for our clients and tenants to engage in.
* You’ll give high-quality support tailored to people’s needs.
* If you ever have any concerns about how we’re delivering support, the person you’re supporting or a colleague then you’ll raise this promptly following our procedures. Safety and transparency are vital.
* You’ll help the people we support to develop life skills, make choices and reach their potential for independence. Help them to feel included in the community.
* To provide a varied plan of outings, events and activities during the summer period for clients and tenants to select from.
* Communicate in a clear and suitable way.
Great Planning & Leadership
* Solve problems and delegate tasks, so we run our team and service effectively.
* To lead and / or assist with the leading of all activities during sessions.
* To contribute to the management of the outsourcing of external or internal specialists who may run activities or classes at the center.
* To develop new ideas and innovation to keep the activities fresh and appealing for our people.
* Check people are getting involved and enjoying their activity.
* Manage your own team of activity coordinators.
* Make sure the environment is safe and secure. Promote dignity.
* Report accidents or infectious illnesses for you or a person we support immediately.
* Report any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment, or any potential hazard.
* To contribute to the marketing and facilitation of selling our activities to members of the general public who meet our service provision criteria.
* Act as brand ambassadors for the organisation.
* Take part in the preparation of receipts, collection of money (where appropriate)
Work as a team
* Keep information records to share with approved people so that we deliver joined-up care.
* Work with health professionals and other authorities.
* To lead and / or assist with the leading of all activities during sessions and to direct support staff to assist in the organisation of classes and activities.
* Protect the people we support from abuse by following our safeguarding policies.
* Complete training and create a plan to continue to improve your knowledge and skills.
* Share domestic tasks to help with the overall running of the service.
* Communicate in a clear, professional, and respectful way.
The main skills and experience required for this role
* Good general education
* Honesty, reliability, trustworthiness and a passion to make a difference.
* Experience of Activities
* Satisfactory Police Check and check against the ISA List (where applicable)
* A commitment to undertake training and development.
* QCF Level 3 or above in social care or equivalent.
* Management of own team
* Previous experience within social care setting
* Knowledge and commitment regarding Equal Opportunities
* Knowledge of the regulatory frameworks.
* Confident IT user.
Closing Date: 25th February 2024