Your new role as a Kitchen Assistant at Fieldbay is calling you!
We’d like to invite you to join our amazing team of professionals. It’s secure work. You’ll get full training. And unlike many Kitchen Assistants, you can progress whether you’re part-time or full-time or with even more flexible options including day shifts and night shifts. Fieldbay provides high-quality services for people aged 18 years + who have complex needs associated with mental illness, learning disabilities, challenging behaviour, dementia and long term conditions such as Huntington's disease. This is an exciting time to join our fantastic team due to on-going expansion, so if you have the desire to succeed and you are patient, kind and compassionate - what are you waiting for!
We offer: £11.60 per hour
** This includes a premium payment. £1 per hour premium payment for a weekday shift and £1.50 per hour premium payment for weekend or night shift, the uplift is discretionary and is subject to change**
Before applying for the role:
- Please ensure that you are able to get back and forth to the place of work you have applied for. The address is: Llannon Road, Upper Tumble, Llanelli SA14 6BU. Public transport runs at limited times.
- **This service does not provide support for Sponsorship at this time**
As a Kitchen Assistant, you will support the Head Chef with the daily aspects of the catering operation. You will assist with everything from preparing simple meals, to ensuring the dining areas are clean and tidy at all times. Basic Food Hygiene Certificate or evidence of Food Hygiene awareness is essential for this role, along with knowledge of maintaining a clean, tidy, safe and hygienic environment.
Previous experience is desirable but not essential. Candidates must be reliable and professional and be able to demonstrate patience, kindness, compassion and have a true desire to learn and develop. The ability to work independently but also as part of a team is essential along with a positive, friendly and flexible approach to working.
How we support you
- We go beyond expectations for our colleagues as well as the people we support. Our reward package includes much more than pay, 5.6 weeks annual leave, flexible working hours and pension.
- You can work part-time, or full-time with flexible options.
- A learning journey that grows with you to reach Care worker standards.
- Specialist skills training, apprenticeships, and nationally recognised qualifications.
- Recognition with cash prize lotto, scratch cards and Heroes.
- Discounts include supermarkets, flash sales and more
- Salary Finance for lower-cost loans and to save for special occasions
- 45p per mile if you need to travel
- Free confidential Employee Assistance programme
- Colleague Lotto – Giving everyone the opportunity to win great cash prizes.
- Additional Day’s Leave for your Birthday
- Prize winning scratch cards - aligned with values in action!
- We recognise our colleagues who go above and beyond – our ‘Heroes’ are nominated by colleagues for quarterly and annual awards.
- Loyalty Scheme recognising colleagues at work anniversaries.
- Discounts include high street, supermarkets, flash sales, gym memberships and more.
- Blue Light discount programme – funded by us.
- Salary Finance scheme for lower cost loans and to save for special occasions or rainy days.
- Government mileage rates if you need to travel
- Free confidential Employee Assistance programme with qualified counsellors
- Free wellbeing App
- Practical advice covering things like consumer rights, anxiety, childcare and more
- Award-winning App for news and info
- Internal social media & Team Communities
Want to find out how your life and the lives of others can flourish? Click apply, attach your CV and we’ll be in touch to arrange an interview.